* Cyber Security technologies and processes that protect It assets from cyber attacks.
* Even though men outnumber women in cybersecurity by three to one, more women are joining the field — and they are gunning for leadership positions.
* Cybersecurity focuses on protecting computers, mobile devices, networks, applications, and data from unauthorized access.
* Cyber security has become a major concern over the last few years as hackers have penetrated the IT infrastructure of governments and enterprises with increasing frequency and sophistication
* A policy that emphasizes the awareness of cybersecurity to all employees, including the process instructing how to handle cyber attacks.
* The growth of mobile and IoT devices will increase xposure of a cybersecurity hack and enterprises and governments are preparing themselves.
* Cybersecurity is a fast-growing technology with lots of exciting opportunities worldwide.
* As the threat of cyberattacks is spreading all over the world at a rapid pace, organizations of all sizes require Cybersecurity professionals to protect their data.
* In recent years, there has been a three-fold increase in the number of job postings for Cybersecurity professionals when compared to other IT jobs.
* Cybersecurity jobs are in high demand and it doesn’t seem like the need for more security professionals is going anywhere in the foreseeable future.
Future in CyberSecurity :
* When we talk about the cybersecurity market, there still persists a skill gap that will take a couple of years to fill up.
- In the National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), a lot of job and salary data was explored in the cybersecurity space.
* The some of the key IT trends and factors that will continue to drive demand for cybersecurity jobs in the future.
· Internet of Things (IoT)
· Artificial intelligence and automation
· Machine learning
· Data protection regulations
* The most popular cybersecurity skills you can expect to remain or become relevant in the future.
· Incident response
· Security tools expertise
· Project Management
· Security Analysis
· Soft skills
*The following explores the cybersecurity certifications that’ll be relevant for the future of cybersecurity jobs.
· GSEC : GIAC Security Essentials
· GPEN : GIAC Penetration Tester
· ECSA : EC — council Certified Security Analyst
· CEH : Certified Ethical Hacker
· CISM : Certified Information Security Manager
· CISA : Certified Information Security Auditor
· CRISE : Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
· SSCP : System Security Certified Practitioner
· CISSP : Certified Information Systems Security Professional
· CompTIA Security+
· CCSP : Certified Cloud Security Professional
· CHFI: Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
* In India, most of the Cyber Security job post is looking for resources proficient in:
· Virtualization Network Services and Security
· Linux , Windows Server
Carrers in CyberSecurity :
* It has never been easy for students to find their ideal job, but this year the task got a little harder with the news that graduate job vacancies have fallen for the first time in four years.
* Cyberattacks happen every day, all over the world. Keeping data safe, secure and out of the hands of cybercriminals is more important than ever.
* As the need for digital protection rises, so does the demand for talented cybersecurity professionals.
* Cybersecurity has become a key area of job growth in the last few years.
* Cyber security has become more and more prominent, moving from a back-office ‘techie’ activity to an industry that is at the heart of Britain’s business success and its protection from major online criminals and terrorists.
- Cybersecurity professionals work in every size company and industry to protect organizations from data breaches and attacks.
* How to start Carrers in cyberSecurity
· Earn a bachelor’s degree : Most jobs require a four-year bachelor’s degree in cyber security or a related field such as information technology or computer science
· Complete advanced training : Some employers will require candidates to hold an advanced degree such as a master’s degree in cyber security.
· Pass security clearances : Security clearances are necessary for those who wish to work with classified information as part of a military of government agency.
*Reasons you should Consider a Carrers in cyberSecurity
· You already know the Basics.
· Cybersecurity is a Deep and Wide Arena with Many Options to Consider.
· Security Professionals Can Focus on Design As Well As Implementation and Management.
· Professionals Are Needed at Every Level.
· A Cybersecurity Career Can Include a Wide Range of Activities.
· It Is a Field That Is Always Changing and Growing.
· You Will Be Challenged on a Regular Basis to Solve New Problems.
· New Attacks and Threats Need to Be Discovered and Handled.
· Changing Focus or Specialization Is Possible with Only Modest Effort.
· You May Be Able to Create a Completely New Job Title, Position, or Focus.
* Career Paths in Cybersecurity
· Chief Information Security Officer
· Forensic Computer Analyst
· Information Security Analyst
· Penetration Tester
· Security Architect
· Security Engineer
· Security Director ( Computing, networkin, IT )
· Security Administrator
· Security Specialist
· Vulnerability Assessor
* Career Boosters
· Certification and accreditation
· Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
· Attend events and conferences
· Write articles or blog
· Maintain LinkedIn and Twitter profile
· Develop good relationships with recruiters
*Skills for CyberSecurity Careers
· Communication Skills
· Team work Environment
· Integration Discretion
· Problem Solving Skills
· Programming Skills
· Intruder Techniques
· Malicious Codes
· Network Protocol
· Risk Analysis
· Security Principles
What are the opportunities ?
* Cybersecurity has gained a lot of attention, from portrayals in series and movies to job opportunities, crash courses and academic courses everywhere.
* The most effective tools employed by cyber security experts are software programs designed to protect against hackers, viruses, and the like.
· Access Management
· Cloud-Based Security
· Data Leak Prevention
· Intrusion Protection
· Next Generation Firewall
· Botnet Protection
· Data Encryption
· Endpoint Protection
· Malware/Virus Security
· Wireless Security
* The cybersecurity degrees & career resources oppertunities following them :
What are the Challenges ?
* Today cybersecurity is the main component of the country’s overall national security and economic security strategies.
* All cybersecurity workers face challenges in their day-to-day work.
* In India, there are so many challenges related to cybersecurity.
* The Biggest challenges in 2020
1. Artificial Intelligence acts a parallel in cyber-attack & in prevention
2. Technical skills gap
3. Cloud Risks
4. Ransomware Threats
5. Internet Of Things (IoT)
What are the Threats ?
* Threats CyberSecurity is an offensive action that targets computer networks, personal or professional devices by using various methods to alter,steal, or destroy data.
*Now we explain types of cybersecurity threats
* Malware : Blocks access to key components.
Install harmful software.
Steal valuable information from your system.
can damage certain hardware components.
* Phishing : Take fraudulent action to cheat users.
Steal restricted and private information.
* Man-in-the-middle : Interference from the third party.
* Denial-of-service attacks : Make digital assets in accessible
Using different IP addresses
*Cross-Site Scripting : Browser-side script
Access to personal data
* SQL Injection attack : Personal data
Intellectual property Customer information
* Ransomeware : Restricts access to devices
Contains malicious attachments.
* Password Attack : Unencrypted passwords.
Enter personal accounts.
* Trojan Horses : Influence a victim to install it.
They are specially designed to steal financial information.
* Nowadays, days cyber attack in trending so that future Cyber threats are used :
What are the Demands ?
* We hear so much about cybersecurity and about cybersecurity attacks that seem to happen almost weekly.
* Many people looking to choose a career field are now starting to consider cybersecurity as a career option.
* Cybersecurity has been in high demand in most parts of the United States, with research showing that the demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals will continue to increase in the foreseeable future.
* we take a look into why this career field is the place to be and why it will continue to stay that way.
* Now big reasons for cybersecurity demands
· The number of people and devices online that can be hacked is increasing exponentially
· Our reliance on technology cannot be rolled back
· Nearly all financial transactions are now online
· The government is now requiring companies to protect data
· Governments are getting in on the act
· Populations not experienced with technology are online too
· We still rely on outdated and insecure technology
TOP 10 Cybersecurity Companies in India
* As cybercrimes increase, so will cybersecurity jobs.
* In this Artical, we’ve tried to explore and make you understand the Cybersecurity threats, opportunities, Demands, challenges and more that aspirants should know to advance their Future & career in this field.
* We hope this will be a quick reference for you to make a decision about moving ahead in the Cybersecurity field.